Head of School, Northwest Yeshiva High School
Northwest Yeshiva High School (Mercer Island, Washington) is known for its high-quality faculty providing an exceptional, meaningful dual education from an Orthodox perspective to engaged students. The students’ advanced learning enhances their opportunity to attend top colleges, yeshivas, and seminaries to reach their ultimate aspirations.
Founded in 1974, NYHS educates high-school students from a wide geographic area and diverse religious backgrounds. At NYHS, students thrive in our warm and friendly environment that encourages students to ask questions and develop as both critical thinkers and creative learners.
We are looking for our next head of school to start July 1, 2023.
In this position, you:
- Are a positive Orthodox role model who will create strong relationships throughout the community through collaborative communication.
- Grow mission-aligned enrollment to sustainable levels at the school through internal engagement; partnership with feeder schools; and external outreach.
- Maintain and strengthen the school’s academic rigor.
- Embrace the diversity of our school community guided by Torah values in a positive, inclusive, and joyful way.
- Work with the board as a partner on governance, strategy, and development.
Ideally, you will:
- Have Orthodox smicha or a related advanced degree.
- Be an experienced and respectful manager who balances relationships and oversight.
- Act as a visible educational leader who relates to children and adults.
First-year compensation starts at $250,000. Benefits include paid time off, medical insurance, retirement plan, relocation, full tuition benefits for any high-school children eligible for NYHS, reciprocal tuition benefits at local day schools for younger children, and more.
NYHS is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply to this position online or email lydia@TraditionSearchPartners.com for more information. The deadline for application is September 30, 2022. We look forward to hearing from you.