Upper School English Teacher
We are the Fuchs Mizrachi School, a leading Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School located in
Beachwood, Ohio. Educating and inspiring students from age two through twelfth grade, we are
motivated by a real passion for deep, meaningful learning and leadership.
Our Humanities Department is looking for a Part Time Upper School English Teacher to join our team
starting in the fall of 2023, and teach Junior High and High School Humanities courses. The ideal
candidate--a lover of English literature, writing, a close and careful reader, and a dynamic presence in
the classroom--is skilled at engaging students in text study, fostering rich conversation, providing
detailed and timely feedback on assignments, and motivating students as readers and writers. This
candidate should also have experience as a teacher of writing and has generated varied writing
assignments that foster creative and analytical thinking.
Successful candidates will also possess the following broader qualities and mindsets that are a critical
component of the Fuchs Mizrachi’s culture:
● Show a genuine and authentic interest in the growth and development of young people and a
joy in working with Junior High and High School students with varying abilities, interests, and
● Enjoy working collaboratively with adult colleagues to reflect, refine and improve teaching and
learning, skillfully enabling rich and open conversation with decision making.
● Recognize that learning should be purposeful and meaningful - inspiring and enabling students
to understand themselves, their Jewish identity, community, and the world around them.
● Recognize that learning can only happen in an environment of mutual respect, support, safety,
belonging, and connection.
● Engage in innovative thinking and problem solving to continually improve teaching and learning.
● Continuously explore and reflect on data-driven research and “best practice” in the ever-
changing field of education.
Salary and Benefits:
● Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
● Benefits package available
Fuchs Mizrachi School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
For more about our school, please visit our website at https://www.fuchsmizrachi.org/
For further details about this opportunity, or to hear more about the community, please
contact our Junior High School Principal, Rabbi Darren Levin (email@example.com).
To apply for this position please send a letter of application and a resume to